Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can I use the mechanical brake system parts under the hood…

Can I use the...

Can I use the mechanical brake system parts under the hood of my 1991 Buick Park Avenue to replace those parts in my 1989 Olds Touring Sedan ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Park Avenue yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am having a classic car repair mechanic do it ,if it is possible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am interested specifically in the power brake booster.

1/15/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, give me a couple of minutes to check my interchange books

O.K.

Ok, checking 2 different interchange books, the brake booster as well as the master cylinder are NOT interchangeable. Design and engineering changed on the 1991 models of Park Ave, Olds 88/98.

You can only interchange 1989-1990 models

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Daniel Wilson
Phone call session started