Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

My car won't start. The battery is good, starter is new and…

Customer Question
My car won't start...

My car won't start. The battery is good, starter is new and working and getting power from the battery. The fuses appear to be ok. It doesn't click when key turned to start. Battery cables are fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes to the steering wheel. No key is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2005 Buick Lacrosse 3.6L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Someone was helping me. We took the battery to see if it needed charging...no...it's new by the way. The starter is also new. The car has not been started in a couple of weeks. Tried jumping it. When you turn the key to start it, no clicking sound from the starter and all lights from the dash go out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The key did get stuck one time and couldn't get it out until we disconnected the battery. Also we disconnected everything electrical we could think of to see if it would reboot.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you own a digital voltmeter?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My friend has one, but very slow with no readings at any of the several sites checked

I can make some assumptions but I feel like that is going to take a lot of your and my time going back and forth or we can get down to testing and resolving. The later will require a meter. Is that something you can get? Auto Zone sales an INNOVA brand one for I think 25$.

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician