Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I got a 89 buick lesabre,everytime I try to listen to my…

Customer Question
I got a 89 buick...
I got a 89 buick lesabre,everytime I try to listen to my radio and the key is in accessory mode that darn buzzer goes off.How do deactivate it how to get to it?Please help can't enjoy my music.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
1/15/2018
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Buick Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure all doors are closed.It may be that a door switch is sending a false signal the door is opened causing the buzzer to go off.You would need to remove the steering wheel and the steering lock with a steering wheel service kit/tool to then pull out the warning buzzer switch to disable it.It slides in with the ignition cylinder and can be pulled out to remove it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete