Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My friend just called in her buick and the "power reduced"

Customer Question
My friend just called...

My friend just called in her buick and the "power reduced" message came on. She is going approximately 30 mph and her RPM's are running @ 2-3k Any ideas. The weather is quite bad here

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2010 LaCrosse cxl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

She is still on the road. This is happening as we speak. She will try to get it towed to Doan Buick.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
1/5/2018
Buick Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

this is a limp mode condition where she can drive it to make it to the repair shop, so the car computer detected a fault and the fault is severe enough to cause damage to vehicle engine, so computer limited the power of engine it is a safety feature ,it want allow you to go higher speed so you will not do any further damage

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Chad Farhat

It will be taken to a certified mechanic. I would like more information so as to be knowledgeable at the repair shop

Yes sure , With that said these Lacrosse has an issue APP ( Accelerator pedal position sensor at the gas pedal , especially the year 2009 till 2011

TSB: Technical service bulletin ( this not a recall ,so customer will pay for repairs )

2009 model year Buick Lacrosse and Allure vehicles and 2009-2011 model year Chevrolet Impala vehicles may have a broken solder connection within the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor.

This condition may result in reduced engine power and loss of traction control assist.

I suspect this is the issue and usually around $300 fix

Hope that helps

I mean off course You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot and be accurate on it

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician