Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I Have. A 2001 Buick Lesabre and I can't get the heater to…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I Have. A...
Second opinion] I Have. A 2001 Buick Lesabre and I can't get the heater to work. I've checked and changed the fuses .and I've changed the ignition switch.And still no results.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Buick
1/6/2018
Buick Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 month ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, does it have manual or automatic/digital climate control and does it have separate driver and passenger side temperature controls?

Does the blower motor and does the AC work?

Have you checked for the heater hoses at the firewall in the engine compartment both being hot when the heat is selected

Please remember that I am not there and therefore may need to ask for more information at times.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has a digital control but it does not work on at all.2.The blower works when the car is running .3.It does not have desperate controls.4.The heater hoses are hot when the car is warmed up.5.The a.c. does not work.6.The digital control does not work so I can't control the heat or a.c..7.I have replaced the digital control several times there is no power coming to it.

HI,

Ok, have you checked the 5 fuses in the rear fuse box for climate control -

HVAC(BATT)

IGN 3

HVAC

HVAC BLO

PASS MDL

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've just checked all and replaced those five fuses
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pass MDL is that passenger door module

HI,

yes, that is for the passenger door module, but part of climate control is on that fuse.

Ok, on the brown wire at the harness connector to the climate control unit at dash, how many volts do you have with key in on position

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven't checked the voltage.But I did replace The ignition switch.still the same. But I noticed on the old ignition switch.There's a yellow wire that some one had put a relay between the switch and the plug.

Ok, you need to check the voltage on the brown wire at the climate control panel harness connector with key on and let me know the voltage.

With no power to the climate control panel, and fuses good, this is the starting point. There is no proceeding forward in other checks until this is done.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager