Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 buick rendezvous trying to change battery .whoever

Customer Question
2004 buick rendezvous trying...

2004 buick rendezvous trying to change battery .whoever changed the last one stripped the holddown clamp bolt it just spins. how do i remove the bolt.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Buick
1/4/2018
Buick Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

The hold down bolt in the battery tray just spins right? We see that all of the time- the battery corrosion east away at the nut the bolt threads into.

Sometimes you can get underneath the car and get to the nut on the bottom of the tray. Are you able to get underneath the vehicle?

tried that still no access to the bolt

In that case you might have to break or cut the bolt or cut the hold down piece to get the battery out and then remove the battery tray to cut and replace the bolt.

that is what i ended up doing while waiting for your answer.

I'm sorry, there was some kind of delay in your response and I had to run to a meeting. Please let me know if you need additional info.

no.the job is done,thank you.

Sounds good. Thanks!