Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

There is no power comming to the temperature control. There…

Customer Question
There is no power...

There is no power comming to the temperature control

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no power at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2001 buick lesabre

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've change out the temperature control and a

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Buick
Just where the fuse or power source is located.and also the cigarette lighter is not working
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/4/2018
Buick Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

The fuse power source should be one that indicates it as HVAC

If the fuse also does not have power, it is possible the ignition switch is not working as it should. The orange wire key on should have power. If it does not apply power to it and see if everything works again. Do you know which one is the HVAC fuse?

there is three HVAC fuses under the back seat in which I've changed.There's a relay switch under the hood I had switched. Those around also no power. And. I replaced the temperature control with three different units.
Buick Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
did you check the power at the ignition switch? If no power at switch then the ignition switch is bad
I live in a different state so I'm not around the car at this time so. How would I go about checking the ignition switch?
Buick Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
You have to gain access to the wires and see if the orange wire lights up when putting switch to on position if it does not light up then switch is bad
What do you mean the orange wire lights up?
When I turn on the ignition. which light am looking for? Then your saying the ignition switch is bad.
Buick Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
I mean if it has power. Access the ignition switch connector and find the orange wire. It needs to have power when putting key to on position, if it does not then ignition switch is bad
Ok Ill get back in touch with you when I can get back to check it.Thanks
One more question Even if the car does not have a problem starting.Could The switch be still bad?
Buick Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 3 months ago
switch can still be bad, and hope to hear from you soon!
Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis