Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hopefully we can get with Pete, the last question ask was to…

Customer Question
Hopefully we can get with...
Hopefully we can get with Pete, the last question ask was to locate fuses 4&8 and see if they have near 12 volts key on and off the answer is yes what else should I check. This is an ongoing conversation obviously. Sorry hope to solve this tonight. Thanks Chip
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 day by:
1/4/2018
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

No worries, I have to add some new information.....I KILLED!!!!the battery - left key on.....while charging the CD player started working but no HVAC. No radio-- AM FM, no seat heaters,no rear window defrost no fan. No ignition signaled accessories on console except cd player and it will not turn off or eject. The zone light has always been on. Thanks

There are to many issues for the question value. I will opt out.

Buick Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

new tech here I think we should start at the battery, I would have it checked at the local auto parts store first to see how good it is, also you never want to charge a battery whole its on a car

I am sorry this problem go beyond the battery. We would like to talk to Pete we started with him and would like to continue. Thanks

you actually started with chris, but ill open this back up to pete you may have to wait a long while though

Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.I didn't see your question until now.

Can you refresh my memory on what we did here and what the issue is?I have worked with allot of customers since we last spoke on this.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete I have a 2010 Buick LaCrosse it starts and runs fine but everything on the console that is activated by the ignition switch is not working radio HVAC seat heaters rear window defrost ect. The non switched items like door locks work. At one time you suspected that it was an ignition switch I bought a maxidas 808 on your recommendation to help diagnose this problem and for future use to I've always done all my own work
One thing has changed my battery went dead and I when I recharged it the CD player started working but I could not shut it off or eject the CD and nothing else works when the battery is dead I turn the key off or as far off as it would go and it would not come out of the ignition. Does the HVAC get a data signal from a switch or just power it's really cold here I would like to hotwire the heater if possible or at least open the ductwork so some heat would flow. By moving some vacuum lines
Tks for getting back with me.

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last couple of days.

Was the electronic ignition switch tested at all or replaced for this issue?

No testing has been done yet if we need to get on the phone we can do you have the ability to operate my test equipment online

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to test your vehicle myself here or over the phone.I can tell you what needs checked/tested though if you like just let me know and we can continue here.

Thanks Pete

how do you wantme to proceed?
Thanks Chip
Okay let's proceed here maybe you can give me two or three step at first my new analyzer was not getting a link with something but it seems to be now yes it did its own serial number model and year would not do that before so all is well

I apologize for the delay.

First, can you tell me if this is a 3.0 or a 3.6-liter engine?

3.0

Can you get to the ignition switch electrical connector and let me know which of the two connectors below that it has so I can tell you what to test here?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ahn6jfkqg0ckba/i-01-15.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi0zul2virh13jw/ig-01-15.png?dl=0

Thanks Pete

Ok, let me know when you're ready.

Thanks Pete

Is this the longest conversation in your career? Ok, I have the boot peeled back I can see the ignition but I cant get the bottom cover off of the steering columns to get to the connectors.
Hi Pete, I looke at the diagrams mine is the 6 plug reciever; # 1 is pink,2 is red and white stripe, #3 is brown,4pink.5open,6white and black. I need to find the spot of the gang connector --Now radio is working. but still no defrosters,HVaC,seat heatersrear window defrosters. The small ground wire 12 or 14 gauge had broken off the battery clamp. I cleaned it and the posts and reinstalled still no help this was on negitive battery terminial. One more thing, the key is hanging up in the ignition sometimes. Pete this is Chips wife I am the one typing ,so if it isn't right he told me not to worry you would understand this.......... :.)
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 2 months ago

No problem it all looks like your typing came in good here.

Test these signals at this switch

Red/white wire for power ( at or near 12 volts DC ) at all times key on or off

Brown wire for power with key in accessory

Pink wire in #4 for power with key on

Pink wire in #1 for power with key on or cranking

Let me know what you come up with when you're ready.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Buick Technician