Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2011 buick regal heater only works part time blower works…

Customer Question
My 2011 buick regal...

My 2011 buick regal heater only works part time blower works all the time.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We just purchased the car this spring. It's been this way a few days.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
12/31/2017
Buick Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Does the heat work better when driving then blow cold at idle?

I believe so. When it works it gets very hot.

That issue indicates that you have air in the cooling system. The air could be there because the coolant is low. That could be caused by a leak or simply not being filled over time the coolant can evaporate. You need to fill the coolant up and bleed the air from the cooling system and go from there.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a 3 star or higher rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated. This question will automatically time out after 7 days.Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more. A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.Hoping this information was helpful.Thanks.