Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 96, LeSabre. The car battery died, so the FOB

Customer Question
I have a 96...

I have a 96, LeSabre. The car battery died, so the FOB doesn't work. The ignition key doesn't open the door. Short of breaking the window, I need to know how to break in to the car so I can change the car battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Buick LeSabre. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, I just need to get in. The car was sitting for a while so that is how the car battery died. Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Buick Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

you need a lock out set tools or a lock smith do you have any

there is no access hole or anything like that .

I already know that. I thought this forum would provide some insight on how to open hood so I can change car battery or some way to attach external battery
I prefer to text
Buick Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 6 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you have two flat head screw drivers, and two regular metal coat hangers handy?

Hi, I think I answered my question. I looked up in Youtube how to open hood when the hood cable is broken. I will try that. The other option is to find the + terminal on the starter or light bulb accessory, and connect one of those car Lithium battery quick start and see if I can juice the car so the FOB works. I appreciate your suggestion but I have already tried the wedge on the door strategy, but I can't get to the door handle with a coat hanger or thin bar. I tried this yesterday so this option will not work for me. Thanks nevertheless for communicating.

A single coat hanger will not work to unlock the door. If you twist ywo hangers together and put a small hook on the end, you can unlock the door. You will have to make a couple of bends to get the angle right, but the two hangers together will be strong enough to pull the lock button.