Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

None of power windows work, no noise or movement. Switched…

Customer Question
None of power windows...

None of power windows work, no noise or movement

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Switched with another fuse and no change

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

03 rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuses thus far and yes myself

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
12/28/2017
Buick Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you have a test light?

no

Ok, can you check the window lock button first and make sure it's not been pushed by mistake?

no it hasnt

Ok, if the fuses are good, then either the master switch is bad, or the power wire to the switch is broken. This is the yellow wire at the switch. Without a test light I am not sure how you would test it. Sometimes the wire breaks between where it comes out of the car and into the door. You could try looking at the wiring to see if it's the issue. If the wire looks good and not broken then replace the switch and it should solve the problem for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

I replaced the switch and none of door switches work,

That points to a problem with the wiring harness to the switch then. You will have to pull the cover off the wiring harness to check for broken wires. This is common as they get older because the wires are flexing a lot.

ok. I will check it,

Sounds good.

Do you need more help here?