Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2013 Buick Encore (40,000 Miles) intermittent airbag

Customer Question
2013 Buick Encore (40,000...

2013 Buick Encore (40,000 Miles) intermittent airbag indicator problems. Passenger Air Bag Indicator does not show ON when adult passenger is in seat and Passenge AIRBag indicator remains on after system check and while driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Started at 36,000 miles about 6 months ago and has occured intermittently.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Encore yourself? What have you tried so far?

Negative I have had it into the Buick Dealer and originally told to drive vehicle then returned when indicator problems resurfaced. Was told computer reset, problem went away and resurfaced over weekend. I am being told repair isnot covered under warraty and they are having problems locating replacement part. Odd, seems to me should be common Buick/GM part.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
12/27/2017
Buick Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is going to be an issue with the passenger presence module. This module is responsible for detecting if there is a passenger. The module may need to be zeroed in. What needs to happen, is the vehicle needs to be scanned and the circuits tested in order to determine the area of fault, as this could be caused by a faulty module or connection. If the module is faulty the component will need to be replace as a unit. Here, I am attaching the description and operation of the SRS system along with the testing information. I have also included the zeroing information. A capable scan tool will need to be used in order to diagnose the issue.

Here, I am attaching all TSBs for the restraint systems including recalls.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.