Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just replaced the battery and was told that I wouldn't…

Customer Question
I just replaced the...

I just replaced the battery and was told that I wouldn't have to hook it up to a computer backup. Well I replace the battery and now the car wouldn't start is there a re-set button somewhere

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they are clean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2012 Verino

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have only replaced the battery, and when I insert the key the dash lights come but it well not engage the starter

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Buick
12/26/2017
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote and see if it starts and runs then at all.If it does not look at the info on this model the security system has engaged and needs to be released with a dealers computer plugged into your model vehicle.Unfortunately, this is the only way I show how to do this on your model here as they are not listing a manual relearn.But sometimes locking and unlocking the doors with the remote or key to allow the computer to see the remote signal or key signal will reset it as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete