Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

There is a static sound when the ignition is on. Not a

Customer Question
There is a static...

There is a static sound when the ignition is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Not a battery problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

CXL 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried looking for onstar in the trunk but not sure where to look

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car runs great but need to get rid of this static sound

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This static noise comes from the speakers, correct?

Does this occur on FM and CD?

Does it occur engine off in ACC mode, engine off in RUN mode, engine running?

Not coming through the radio at all, coming through what looks like a speaker next to the steering wheel on the right side.
Only occurs when the engine is on. It is sporadic. and is a static sound.

Does your vehicle have Bluetooth?

It is a 2005 and does have phone emblem but never used so no sure about Bluetooth. Since the Noise comes from a small opening that looks like a speaker next to the steering wheel we’re wondering if it’s something else than on star.

I do not believe I can figure this out not in person. I will opt out to let another try.

Buick Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 7 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the model of this buick?

Non of your suggestions have help. Please return my money. I will go to a dealership.