Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

The engine won't stay on unless I hold the gas. The engine…

Customer Question
The engine won't stay...

The engine won't stay on unless I hold the gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

The engine sounds the same as usual and I haven't noticed it's sucking up more gas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

It's a 98 Buick Century

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself if I can but I have little to zero experience working on engines the last time I did any kind of engine work all I did is change the head gaskets on a 78 Chevy Monte Carlo I haven't tried anything yet this is the first time that it did this and I found your site while trying to look up solutions to this problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Buick
12/19/2017
Buick Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is there a check engine light on?

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician