Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The engine turns but it doesn't start. I was idling at a…

Customer Question
The engine turns but...

The engine turns but it doesn't start. I was idling at a drive thru on Sunday and it just shut off. Had to get it towed from the drive thru to my house.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yeah the battery is fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2004 lesabre

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

Me and my dad. We changed one of the coils for the spark plugs because we didn't think it was getting a spark but that's not the problem apparently

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's all I got

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
12/19/2017
Buick Mechanic: Tracer, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Tracer
Tracer, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall . Possible to try some starting fluid in the air intake or carb cleaner to see if you have spark or not OR any way you can check on your end for spark first?