Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Rear AirSuspension failed after a tire change. Is there any…

Customer Question
Rear AirSuspension failed after...

Rear AirSuspension failed after a tire change. Is there any type of system reset? 06 Buick Rainer

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rainier yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not. I have tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal and connecting it again. I looked to see if the compressor's fuse was blown, which is wasn't. And now i'm here. ;)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is not an annunciator light illuminated. I can not hear the compressor. The auxiliary compressor (for beachballs, air mattresses, etc) still works. We had a flat tire and had it changed. Two days later and the rear end is completely on the stops.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
12/17/2017
Buick Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, there is a rest procedure which I will post below.

I noticed that both Air Spring Level Sensors are broke. Does that mean that more than likely the compressor ran itself until it died? I'm considering just converting to conventional springs if thats the case.