Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Low beams won't come on. 2004 buick rainier cxl. I check all…

Customer Question
Low beams won't come...

Low beams won't come on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2004 buick rainier cxl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rainier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i check all 10 amp fuse in both location under the hood and rear seat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes i checked under the hood and the rear back seat

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Buick Mechanic: Amedee, Buick Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

One moment please while I review the details

This condition is most likely caused by a faulty headlamp driver module relay. This is very common. If all of the fuses are good, swap the HDM relay #46 with the Fan relay #45 and see if the lights start working. If so, replace the relay.

Keep in mind this is a "starting point". My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

it works

So the lights work with relay 45 swapped with 46?

If so, then the relay is faulty and will need to be replaced.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic