Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It doesn't do anything when the key is turned to the on

Customer Question
It doesn't do anything...

It doesn't do anything when the key is turned to the on position. No lights, no fuel pump, no crank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

It started when it wouldn't crank one day. We tapped the starter and it cranked. I got it home and put a new starter on it. Since then, it won't do anything. I just tried swapping out the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

1999 LaSaber

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I tried swapping the battery, but no better.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
12/8/2017
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When you say no lights are you saying no headlights or the instrument cluster does not power up with the key on?

What is the battery voltage and does it match the voltage on some of the high amp fuses?

No instrument panel lights and no battery voltage.

Is there 12.6 volts on the battery posts?

How about on the battery cables?

Battery positive and engine, frame, body used as ground, do you get good voltage?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris