Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm pretty sure my car(13 buick encore) ran out of gas. I…

Customer Question
I'm pretty sure my...

I'm pretty sure my car(13 buick encore) ran out of gas. I put a couple gallons in it and it doesn't do anything when trying to start it and also my key is stuck in the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn it slightly and I don't think the key is damaged

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Encore?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Encore yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I have done was put about 2 gallons in it and try turning it on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the car light fades in and out softly and hazards work fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
12/7/2017
Buick Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all?

No cranking at all
No cranking

Thanks, ***** ***** me a moment to type my reply, no call is needed.

I understand you might have run out of fuel, however it sounds to me like you have to start with a different battery, OR at least a jump start. If it's not cranking and the lights are fading, it's either a weak battery or a problem with a corroded connection at the battery.

Start with a jump start, leave the donor care on it for 15 minutes, then attempt to start the car. Even if it starts to make a rapid clicking sound, you will know the battery is the problem. IF it starts with a jump, then drive it to a parts store and have them test the battery. They will do it for free for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?