Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The Advent music system doesn't start up, the backup camera…

Customer Question
The Advent music system...

The Advent music system doesn't start up, the backup camera is still working and the Advent title page lights up but for some reason the radio/CD player etc, doesn't start, is this a fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides the radio, are any other circuits affected?

Doesn't seem to be, the windshield wiper fluid dispenser hasn't worked in a while but that doesn't seem like it would be related

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to, it just happened yesterday so I don't know, if its a fuse I would think I could do it myself, if it is something more serious with the advent music system I'm not sure who I would take it to

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
12/7/2017
Buick Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I do need the model of your Buick - Lucerne, Regal, LaCrosse, Verano, etc

And I will need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics for the audio system

CJ355666 2012 Buick enclave 3600/6/c
Buick Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic

very sorry for the delay.........
Since your "Advent Stereo" is NOT Factory Installed, you will need to contact Advent to locate an Installer or Advent Retailer to Repair your Unit or locate the issue in the Vehicle.
Click Link: http://www.adventproducts.com/care/?p=contactus

It is handy to have the complete V.I.N. of vehicle, the Model Number & Serial Number of the Advent Radio

.

IF you take it to a Local Shop or Buick Dealer, they will likely give you a run around, when the fastest way would be to contact Advent yourself.
http://www.adventproducts.com/oe/?sku=OGM1

.

Let me know if you need further.......

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

Did you have any other questions?
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Thank you.

Did you have any other questions?
Thank you.