Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 Buick Enclave 122,000 miles. Last year warning light…

Customer Question
2008 Buick Enclave 122,000...

2008 Buick Enclave 122,000 miles. Last year warning light and ringing warning bell started coming on to Service Airbag. Light would stay on until spring.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Last week dinging bell started and warning light to "check Traction Control". Now bell starts and both ""Traction Control light" and "Brake Light" stay on. Check brakes and traction control warning streams across the top. The bell sounds over and over and the lights come on. Now the bell comes on and lights come on and stay on. "Traction" "Brakes" "Air Bags" Then the cruise control disengages. The car runs fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Buick Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?

Plan to take it to the dealer. Reading on the internet this is a common problem and one of the problems listed from The attorneys always trying to get me to join the class action suit list this problem. The cars transmission did fail. Wave plate common problem. Internet talk says the problem is not solvable. I guess need to take it in to find out. I couldn't sell or trade the car with this problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Buick
11/30/2017
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Have you had it scanned to see which codes are stored?

No, I don’t know how to get codes.
Remember, the car runs fine. Braking is normal. Brakes were checked 2,000 miles ago.

Since you do not have a way to see which codes are stored so I can give you an idea of what is wrong and the possible repairs. Let me know what would best help you?

Since a Class Action suite against GM has been filed for this very problem, is their a service bulletin?

GM will not post a TSB or SSM for lawsuits against them. They only do so for common issues so techs can quickly address concerns on vehicles having the same issues. This concern you are having may not even be related to the lawsuits others have filed. You may have something as simple as a bad 30$ wheel speed sensor or a faulty seat belt retractor. That is where the diagnostic tool comes into play by getting the codes. A dealer will first off verify the issue, then scan it, then diagnose it. Once the repair needed is confirmed they will give you a parts and labor quote to address it.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Sounds like I need to take the car to the dealer. It has been a great car. Transmission was covered by warranty. Always garaged and looks like new inside and out. I hope it’s a simple problem.

That would be the best option.

Is there anything else you feel I could provide?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician