Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick Enclave will not accelerate. Daughter is on the side…

Customer Question
Buick Enclave will not...

Buick Enclave will not accelerate.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Daughter is on the side of the highway. 2010 Buick Enclave. Engine will rev up, but when in drive, car does not move. If she re-starts, it will go for awhile, then lose acceleration, but rpm's go up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?

She is enroute back to college now. On the side of the road. Anything she can do to make it to the dealership.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
11/27/2017
Buick Mechanic: Pete, Buick Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here it sounds like the transmission is slipping causing this fault.This will cause the engine to rev up with no or little movement.This can be caused by low transmission fluid or a component in the transmission failing needing replaced.Have you remove the transmission dipstick with the engine running in park.See if the level is low on the dip stick according to the level indicator.If low then she has a leak and the leak needs found and repaired.If low she can try and top it off a little at a time to see if it will get to where she needs to go.But if low the leak does need to be located and repaired then the fluid refilled.

If the level is o.k. and there are no leaks then this is a fault in the transmission itself causing this issue needing checked into and repaired.It may be a failing transmission valve body causing this fault or an issue with a slipping clutch or band in the transmission needs replaced.Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass this to correct the issue.It has to be checked into and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete