Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No tail lights or dash lights, changed head light switch and…

Customer Question
No tail lights or...

No tail lights or dash lights, changed head light switch and the LCM (used) worked for a day now I have same problem, Checked all fuse boxes and bulbs. any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Park Avenue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Did you read the first comment? changed the head light switch and the LCM both are used, worked for a day now the problem is back, checked all the fuses and bulbs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No connect me please

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Buick
11/27/2017
Buick Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

i hated to stated the obvious but the lcm are issue in them and that used one how do you know it did not go bad, pull it out abd check connector ,look at pins any burn marks, is there something burning it ,we have to start here since replacing first one fixed for a day

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

no burn marks that I saw, I even took it out of the housing. Prior to this the lights would not come on (intermittently) then after a few minutes they would pop on and you would hear a click or ping sound from under the dash. I know used electrical parts are a crap shoot but for 10 bucks it was worth a shot
get another one, for 10
Make sure battery holding 12 volts and Alternator charging 14 volts when running, also while watching Altenator reading rev it up dies charge stays at 14 or drops
Please let me know
Battery 12.8 and the alternator 14.24 at idle and at higher rpm

then replace lcm, now if you had gm tech II scanner we can communicate with lcm and be more accurate .

or when switched is there an out put to the lights

no way to test the lcm with out a million dollar scanner?

this is the lcm pin out and values you need out of it

go to each one and see,that is only way i know how

click on link to view circuit pin out diagram

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat