Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have no heat from my heater. How do I check the

Customer Question
Hi there: I have...

Hi there: I have no heat from my heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

How do I check the thermostat?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2006 allure

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Allure yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought maybe it was as simple as a fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
11/26/2017
Buick Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

do you have a thermometer that you can use to check the coolant temperature at the rad to see if it is reaching proper temperature? should read about 180, also feel the heater hoses going through the fire wall if both feel hot or one is cold, let me know your findings so we may proceed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

55244489-01a7-443f-9658-...jpg5524448...jpge9ddb87f-be03-4f70-95f3-...jpge9ddb87...jpg22c39c76-b35e-488b-b0a1-...jpg22c39c7...jpg