Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2000 buick century I am attempting to replace the…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 buick century I am attempting to replace the fuel pump I am having a problem disconnecting the fuel lines from the pump is there a special tool to do that?

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Fill tank a week ago. gas is low

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?

Need to change pump because the float is bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No gasoline smell

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Buick Mechanic: Gary, Buick Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

hello
I have a 2000 buick century. I need to disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel pump. Do I need a special tool to perform that task? If so, what is the tool?

do the lines that connect to the tank have clear tabs like this video ?

if so you squeeze then in to remove them like the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLNsXxPeFL4

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

sorry try this here

i use needle nose pliers to squeeze in the clips to remove the lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Xvfcno5W4

did that help you ?

how are you making out ?

Needle nose pliers worked

great job

please do not forget to rate me here