Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

The spark plugs and wires are changed and a new thermostat…

The spark plugs and...

The spark plugs and wires are changed and a new thermostat put in, now the car surges and dies out when started

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

200,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2004 rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I put a new map sensor on and cleaned the air throttle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

did you remove the throttle body to change the thermostat ?

No I do not have a phone right now
Are we still texting?
What is going on?

it takes a bit to type back

and it was not doing this before ?

No

so it has to be something you touched

if the wires and plugs are good the odds are there is a vacuum leak from the thorttle body gasket causing this issue

be sure every thing is clean and tight on the throttlebody if so replace the throttle body gasket and see if it still does this

this has all the signs of a vacuum leak

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician