Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

The spark plugs and wires are changed and a new thermostat

put in, now the car...
The spark plugs and wires are changed and a new thermostat put in, now the car surges and dies out when started
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: 200,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2004 rendezvous
JA: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I put a new map sensor on and cleaned the air throttle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

did you remove the throttle body to change the thermostat ?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No I do not have a phone right now
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Are we still texting?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What is going on?

it takes a bit to type back

and it was not doing this before ?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No

so it has to be something you touched

if the wires and plugs are good the odds are there is a vacuum leak from the thorttle body gasket causing this issue

be sure every thing is clean and tight on the throttlebody if so replace the throttle body gasket and see if it still does this

this has all the signs of a vacuum leak

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician