Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick Rendezvous 2005 brake light and turn signals rear

right not working. The...
Buick Rendezvous 2005 brake light and turn signals rear right not working. The fuses under the hood and those close to the seat are good and all the bulbs work.
11/20/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
There is bcm module that controls that are common about going bad
But did you inspect the socket of the bulbs of brake and turn signal
Usually if both doing it at same time that want be the case we have to check
Let me know
all good except that I tested the wire and there is no current going to the bulb.
If no current you have to work backward that wire goes back to that module ,nowadays we hook up a gm tech II scanner and can read the bcm module and will have a fault codes in it that based on that code we can be accurate by using the pin point test for it ,if both signal and brake light doing it ,it will be wiring or the module most likely but with electrical testing is needdd I sure you under stand
If it's the wire for the signal and brake light that need to be changes, from where the wire start and where does it go thru.
I ask that Question because before not working any more the problem was intermittent. So I think it might be the wire.

I will opt out for there experts to assist you more on this

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this?

I'd like to have an anser to my last question to have the best idea as possible where the wire is more liklely to be rotten or loose

do you have a test light or a volt meter? I can help you identify the problem?

Ihave a test light.

ok, the power for that brake and turn signal comes from the fuse box in the center console between the seats, you need to access that fuse box, and on the connectors on the back, find the C2 connector, it is the second one, there will be a green wire in the pin 8 of that connector, se if it has power coming out when the brake is pressed, if it does have power, then the fuse box will need to be replaced, if it does have power, you will need to follow that harness and check the green wire every foot to find the break in the wire,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Is it possible to have some pitcher of it?

a picture of what?

The C2 connecter and the pin 8 of that connecter?

Is there a reason you wont rate me? I do not get paid unless you do?

Please Tim do not worry I will rate you as soon as I am able to continue this chat. I did not have the time to verify the last info as I had to go to work. Thanks for your understanding.
Hi Tim, I have just couple minutes each day to try to find the problem. As soon I'll find the problem I'will certainly rate you. Please don't give hop on me��
I have a couple questions to be capable to find the probleme.
1. I have too box like the one on the diagram you did sent me. Is it the first or the second from the front?
2. I just want to make sure you know that is the rear passenger ( right ) brake light and turn signal. I ask that Question because the turn signal's wire in the rear right socket is yellow and the left one is green. Does the wire from the connecter is the same colour that the one in the rear socket?
Hi Tim,
If you anser me, I'll be abel to work on fixing my problem tomorrow. I hope just in time to leave for a trip.
Hello Tim. Did you abandon me?

I am sorry, I was off yesterday, it is the second box from the front,Tim

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH