Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

What causes my 2006 Buick Lucerne to intermittently go dead.

Hello What causes my...

Hello What causes my 2006 Buick Lucerne to intermittently go dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes its a new battery and it went dead in about 2 days Now the emergency flashers just started blinking for aminute .The battery will not turn the engine over for 3 days now

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Buick Lucerne. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thank you

11/20/2017
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the rest of the electrical systems seem to work fine besides the battery going dead?

everything works good when the car runs

Thank you. These vehicles have a lot of electrical issues. I typically go through a complete battery draw test to find what systems are staying on. It can occur just about anywhere but most of the time it is caused by a problem with the body control module. The module will fail internally and cause the module to not shut off the circuits when not in use. I have also seen the ignition switch cause this but that is not as common. Either way a current draw test needs to be done. I hope this helps. please let me know if you need further assistance.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
I haven't had a chance to take car into a shop yet .
I went to take car in and decided to take the battery to be charged so I wouldn't have to get a tow . Well I found out the new battery I had bought was bad . So they replaced it and I think that solved the problem .

Hopefully that will do it. If you need any further help please let me know.