Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

One of the motor mount brackets is hidden behind the

Customer Question
One of the motor...

One of the motor mount brackets is hidden behind the steering pump pulley. How do I get that off?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Buick. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

1997 Buick park avenue belt change

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
11/19/2017
Buick Mechanic: camerontech, auto technician replied 8 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, auto technician

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

these require the engine to be supported with a floor jack while replacing the belt. this give you access to the bolts when lifting the motor up and down

the belt replacement does not require the power steering pump to be removed.

unfortunatly the factory manual simply states "remove engine mount". that is all they give for directions

i have included a youtube video on the 3800 belt change as this is a more helpfull tool in this case

here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfHg7bI2pw

let me know how you make out!

cam

The motor mount on the Le Sabre in the video is completely different than the mount in my*****

ok no problem,

the manual is very vague on replacing

i will opt out and have a another tech jump in to help you

thanks

cam

Buick Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** power steering pump is easily removed on these, do you have the belt off yet?

I can't get the belt off until the motor mount bracket is out of the way. The PS pulley is hiding one the the bolts that holds the bracket to the block.
Note the engine was replaced about 10 years ago with a factory replacement. Perhaps at that time the mount bracketing changed?
I am attaching a gif that comes close to the bracket I have. The bolt on the far left of the photo is the one obscured by the PS pump pulley

You need to first release the belt off the power steering pulley, you dont have to remove the belt , just take it off the powersteering pulley, then on the pulley for the power steering pump, there are large holes in the pulley, you use a deepwell 13mm socket to go through the holes, there are 3 bolts holding the pump on, remove these 3 bolts and the pump is moved out of the way, and the bolt for the bracket can then be removed, would you like a picture of this?

are you sill here?

Picture would help, thanks.
Buick Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 7 months ago

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim