Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Removing back set cushion in a 2015 verano, have released…

Customer Question
Removing back set cushion...

Removing back set cushion in a 2015 verano, have released front tabs, still can not slide seat out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Verano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have released front tabs on rear seat can not remove seat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
11/19/2017
Buick Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you have the front tabs out. In order to remove the seat you will need to lift very hard with a very great force. Here, I am attaching the removal information for the back seat cushion, just in case. Try this and get back with me.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

you have not answered my question, there seem to be some type of retainers on the rear of the cushion how do i release them?
display shows them but not how to release them !

There will not be any retainers back there. They are only on the front. Have you tried to pull up from the front of the seat with 'a lot' of force? The rear lines in the diagram is showing how the seat comes up in the back. Not retainers. I will opt out to allow other experts to assist you. Good luck.

sorry Todd but there are retainer clips on the back of the cushion, there is a bracket and the seat is held in place by a hook that lools as tho it has to move back about one quater of an inch to unhook I can see them but no matter how hard i lift it, the back of the seat cushion will not come up I know that you opted out ,but now what?
Buick Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?