Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I HAVE A BUICK ENCLAVE 2013 AND THE FRONT SUSPENSION HAMMERS

ON EVERY LITTLE BUMP AND...
I HAVE A BUICK ENCLAVE 2013 AND THE FRONT SUSPENSION HAMMERS ON EVERY LITTLE BUMP AND BUICK DEALER SAID EVERYTHING WAS FINE THATS THE WAY THEY DRIVE!!
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: NO FLUID HAD THEM CHECKED BY DEALER AND HAD TO REPLACE THE REAR STRUTS AT 39000
JA: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOTHING I AM TRYING TO FIND A BETTER SUSPENSION ON THE FRONT THE RIDE IS HORRIBLE
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: LOVE THE CAR OTHER THAN THE RIDE
11/19/2017
camerontech
camerontech, auto technician

hi there

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

your suspension shouldnt hammer or feel like that anyways lol.

they would do a front end and suspension visible inspection. this will not reveal any issues with your strut mounts or struts as they are under load and require dissassembly for proper inspection

this is probably where your issue is.

i would not go with factory struts or mount and i would recommend monroe sensa-traks ( no i don not work for monroe, i just liek the ridde of them) as these will self adjust to light driving and stiffen up when reqiuired. they also have complete "quick struts" that come with everything including the spring and will reduce labour time as you do not have to dissasemble them.
let me know if i can help you further and i would be happy to assist!

please take a moment to rate me and i am always available for follow ups after rating

thanks and i appreciate postiive ratings!

cam

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
cam don't need a bribe to give you a great rating i like your advise and will change the struts and springs i will advise you later how it turned out thank you steve coy

good stuff! let me know how you make out!

cam

camerontech
camerontech, auto technician
camerontech
camerontech
camerontech, auto technician