Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

2005 Buick LaCrosse. Has an intermittent starting issue.

Sometimes starts right up, other...
2005 Buick LaCrosse. Has an intermittent starting issue. Sometimes starts right up, other times is completely dead. No crank, all,lights worl
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: headlights,
JA: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I sent it to a shop. After all test, they are saying it is the air bag module keeping the vehicle from starting. I don’t see how that can be the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/18/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When it will not crank, what do you do to get it to finally crank and start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wait an hour or two then it might start. This last time around. It has not started.

Thanks, ***** ***** it hard to believe as well for this to be air bag module related. I wonder if there is an air bag code for a completely different issue and they are assuming they are connected. I can provide the starting circuit diagram for you to see how the air bag module is not in the circuit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
According to the shop, pcm,ecm and bcm all tested good. Only module off line was the air bag module. They say it has to be replaced. All relays, fuses good, new battery and cables.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, I can get the solenoid on the starter to spin by jumping the contact point but stater motor won't engage. To me that shows there is power at the starter

Being you do not have the vehicle there to test things. At this time I really can not give you an answer I feel is worth your money. I would agree to the repair but review the fine print that your are agreeing and signing and paying for a fix for NO CRANK not a guess. I bet after they do this repair it may or may not crank and may have the issue come right back. If that happens I would be seeking at least a partial refund for misdiagnosis.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the response. They quoted $1600 for the module replacement plus $480 for the diagnosis so far. I'm having the car picked up, not moving forward with the repair.

You are welcome, are you bringing it home?

If so I would love to help you diagnose this as best I can.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am bringing it home.

Do you want to respond then and then you and I can get to work on this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. We can do that.

Super

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician