Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Flashing check engine light on, pickup seems a little

sluggish, it has 132,500 miles...
flashing check engine light on, pickup seems a little sluggish, it has 132,500 miles on it
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: at first it blinked...now it is staying on
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2000 buick lesabre I think v6
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all the fluids, added some oil. they all seemed fine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the sluggish pickup seems to be when the heater or air is on when I turn that off the pickup seems fine
11/17/2017
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning,

A flashing check engine light indicates an active misfire. This could is due to a bad spark plug, plug wire, injector, or ignition coil, usually.

Your best bet is to have it scanned for trouble codes to see what the computer thinks the cause of the misfire is. Do you have access to a scan tool? Most parts stores will scan for trouble codes for free.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I just put a fuel additive, injector cleaner in it a day or two ago and yesterday it was running real well. I can take it right down the street to the gulf station, there is a guy there who has and runs buicks. I will tell him what you said......can you give a ballpark on possible repair costs?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
no typing is fine

If injector cleaner made it better then I would suspect an injector issue. They are about $50 or so each and about 1-2 hours of labor to diagnose/ replace.

Oh, sorry about the phone call thing. That's not me. It's automated.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I know....thank you for your help jared

They should be able to pinpoint it fairly quickly once they scan for codes. These GM vehicles are nice that way.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
thanks jared have a great day

Thank you, ***** *****!

* Please take time to rate my response- as an expert I don't work directly for Just Answer- any resources I provide to you are furnished at my own personal expense. I only receive compensation based on positive ratings from you. Therefore, I cannot offer my time, insights, advice, diagrams, etc, without that positive rating. If you are unable to positively rate my response please let me know. After rating I will still be available for follow-up questions at no additional charge.

Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician