Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Buick LaCrosse and For a few days, when i put…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Buick LaCrosse and For a few days, when i put the car in Park and turn off the engine i get this message: ! Shift into Park. Tonight the engine did not turn off at first, got that message first, and stated that the remote not detected and picture of the key was shown.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Not sure if I can turn the steering wheel, I usually restart and shut it off again. Key is not damaged. Plan to exchange the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have an early morning appointment with the dealer tomorrow, to see what is going on. I may purchase a new battery for the remote to see if that is the problem

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither are the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident there answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris