Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I clear the codes but the computer will not reset. What is…

Customer Question
I clear the codes...

I clear the codes but the computer will not reset

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

What is hard reset

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

04 rendvios for give the spelling

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes cleared the codes cleaned the gas cap for the evap leak let the car set and warm up before driving to rest the codes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
11/16/2017
Buick Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

If you have a hard fault code being set, you can't clear that, it will come right back until the problem has been fixed. A hard reset procedure has just been attached for you to try too, because I still don't know what codes have been set.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.