Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It cranks and sometimes runs for half a second but then

Customer Question
It cranks and sometimes...

It cranks and sometimes runs for half a second but then stops.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2000 Buick lesabre

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just starting to diagnose, what the problem might be

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

The problem started like this: My son was driving the car and suddenly the engine stopped while he was driving. He tried to start again it but it didn't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thet's it for now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
11/17/2017
Buick Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, is the security/antitheft light staying on or blinking for more than 10 seconds with the key in the on position?

Do you have a fuel pressure gage and voltmeter to do some testing if needed

If you dont, try pouring some fuel into the throttle body and see if it starts and runs for a few seconds and let me know

Thanks Eric but it's too late. I waited and since no answer came I took the car to auto mechanic. They did a diagnostic test (which I paid for) and found that the fuel pump is not working.
I was told by a JustAnswer email that my credit card was charged. I don't think this is acceptable. Please reimburse the charge.

I will notify customer service for you