Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

My 2002 Buick Century has a problem starting unless I give

it gas fires right up...
My 2002 Buick Century has a problem starting unless I give it gas fires right up sometimes if I go to accelerate seems to bog the motor down I've changed the fuel filter All the Above the sensors tune up wires plugs clean the mass airflow sensor I'm running out of ideas
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist. Please allow me a moment to gather some information.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok thank you

all the above sensor???

did you check the fuel pressure regulator?? remove the vacuum line and check for any fuel in the line. it should be dry of any fluid.

the idle air control valve is the most common for this starting issue.

Roy

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I bought new one

a new????

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Iac valve. But I did not do the fuel line do you have a diagram where that's located

it is right on the front frame rail by the throttle body, easy to get to. check it first. remove the vacuum line and start the engine and be sure there is not fuel leaking out of where the vacuum line is attached

Roy

sorry, fuel rail, not frame rail

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Okay when I have the hood up and I accelerate it with the accelerator on the motor where the belts are located I hear almost a hissing noise like a vacuum leak is there anything vacuum related by the hoses or by the belt I should say underneath the power steering

there is a vacuum line on the end of the upper manifold on the back section. thats the only place unless the upper intake is leaking

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Alright you right after this last question I have fuel but I take that off so do I just wait till the check engine light comes on so I could diagnose what it is and just continue doing what I'm doing
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I will not forget the right you I'll do it now

thank you

see what happens with the regulator. did you say there was fuel there???

ok, good. replace that. it will most likely fix both issues.

Roy

Roy Belding
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician