Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Air bag light just came on steady. Not sure let me go check…

Customer Question
Air bag light just...

Air bag light just came on steady

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Not sure let me go check be just a minute

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2006 buick lacrosse didnt see any interference

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Problem just stater looked under the passenger seat to se if i could find any broken wires thats it so far

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
11/15/2017
Buick Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Have you lost any steering wheel functions like the horn or anything?

No

Sorry for the delay. Without a code it is very difficult to know what might be going on. The most common issue is the spiral cable in the steering column, however that will usually cause other issues. There are the air bags, the sensors, all the wiring that could have failed and caused the light to come on. You can continue to drive the car with the light on, but it's going to have to be scanned for codes to know where to begin diagnosing the problem.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?