Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The passenger front window will not go up or down from

Customer Question
The passenger front window...

The passenger front window will not go up or down from driver master switch, and will only go down with the passenger switch.Also, the passenger switch does not light up with the rest of the lights. This happened all of a sudden, rolled the window down, from the passenger switch and wouldn't go back up. I replaced both switches and the motor is good, rolls up and down with a power source. Please let me know what you think?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

When you turn the parking lights on or maybe they are on at all times, but all the switches are lit up on the other doors, the passenger is not

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2005 Buick Rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced switches and returned them, because they didn't work. Replaced the motor and found out that there was no power at the passenger switch. Yellow is hot on the driver side switch when the key is on and yellow is not hot on the passenger switch. None of the wires on the passenger switch are hot ,when the key is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that should be it. Thank you!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Buick
11/15/2017
Buick Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Did you check for power at the motor connector in the passenger window when operating? the switches just change direction by reversing the polarities. What I would like you to do is gain access to check both front door wiring cords that go from the body to the doors. As this over time flexes with the opening and closing of those doors and eventualy breaks wires inside that wiring . If you remove the inner lower kick pannel under the dash you will see a connector there that goes to this wiring. Disconnect it and check each wire from there to inside the door for continuity. also you can give each one a tug to see if it is broken.

There is no individual relays or fuses for each window or door.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician