Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My prnd32 and odometer light went out and my passenger seat…

My prnd32 and odometer...

My prnd32 and odometer light went out and my passenger seat sensor will not turn to off

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights on the dash that light up the park neutral drive and the odometer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

The lights on the speedometer and stuff work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Buick?

It's a 2005 Buick rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it myself and haven't tried anything other than replacing fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all I think

11/15/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

The odometer and prndl means the instrument cluster has failed, you can get a used one on ebay with similar mileage and install yourself. The passenger seat sensor not shutting off would mean the sensor itself has failed, that problem your best option is probably just dealing with. To have both issues fixed at a shop you are looking at around $600. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

I can also give you replacement instructions if it is something you plan to repair yourself.

I would like to replace the cluster... But idk what the milage is cuz I cannot see it

You will just have to guess mileage or have vehicle connected to a scantool capable of reading current mileage. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician