Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

WOW did I ever get into a wiring nightmare. While fixing my

Hi David. WOW did I...
Hi David. WOW did I ever get into a wiring nightmare. While fixing my heat problem on my buick I replaced the multifunction unit. This car has an aftermarket remote start system. Wires have been cut rerouted and a real mess. Good thing.....I removed the heater actuator on the drivers side and manually turned the actuator and I got heat. Can I assume the motor is bad. I will check for voltage to the unit.
11/14/2017
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

if you have voltage to the actuator then yes.

hows it going?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hi David. I appreciate you following up. After removing the driver side actuator I manually could move the door and I have heat! So you have helped me resolve the issue, providing the actuator is receiving a signal from the dash control unit. I have not checked the voltage yet. I can get a new actuator from autozone for $130, from on-line Amazon for $28 and from the junkyard for $10. This is where I am. I appreciate you asking. BTW I cannot rate you again. I tried to rate you for this new question but I think the system thinks it is attached to our previous work and won't let me do another rating. I will continue to try or just authorize a bonus/. Either way I am trying to work it out. If I need more help with this I will let you know. Thanks again.

you are very welcome. go for the 10.00 junkyard one.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

thank you

david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician