Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

I have a 2001 buick lesabre custom slow crank no start have

Customer Question
put new cables, battery and...
I have a 2001 buick lesabre custom slow crank no start have put new cables, battery and starter
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Buick
11/12/2017
Buick Mechanic: Amedee, Buick Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Are you saying the starter cranks over slow?

The engine still does not fire up correct?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cranks slow and don't start need it to run and don't want to spend a lot of money so I was just seeking advice I have already put a new starter, battery and cables what else could it be?

If the starter and battery are in fact good (no faulty new parts) and the engine grounds are good, it could be the engine itself or one of the pullies starting to lock up causing high resistance causing the engine to crank slow.

You are going to need to check for power down at the starter with while an assistant cranks the engine to ensure there is no power loss issue along the way to the starter.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Amedee

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic