Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Noise of grinding when accelerating on 2011 Buick Lacrosse.

Customer Question
Noise of grinding when...

Noise of grinding when accelerating on 2011 Buick Lacrosse . should I have it towed to dealership?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Started about a week ago but not loud, increased to loud last night. The sound seems to be coming from engine ,but not sure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I usually go to dealership.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dealership is about a half miles from my house.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Buick Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Is the noise there if you rev the engine in park?

no

Then I would suspect it's safe to drive. It may be a wheel bearing making the noise and not anything more major. If you live that close to the dealer, you should be able to drive it up there and let them have a listen.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help or have anymore questions for me on this?