Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It has been using excessive gas. The fuel light comes on all…

Customer Question
It has been using...

It has been using excessive gas. The fuel light comes on all the time even after i put gas in. Lately it has been shutting off and not letting me put fuel in and sometimes cutting out

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The empty gas light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2001 Buick Century

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am, i have tried heat for the gas tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
11/9/2017
Buick Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 months ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

is the engine light on?

It comes on sometimes

any codes?

I dont know. We tried using a portable computer but it didnt work for us

do you have a autozone near by?

I dont

are you fixing yourself?

im trying anyway..

what happens when u try to use the scan tool?

There was a drive test to do with it and we dont totally understand it so results so far...
No results

odd have you replaced the vent and purge solenoids yet?

No is that hard to do?

not difficult theat is most likley the cause...but if the scan tool is not reading that is a issue