Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ignition key won't turn.. Steering wheel is unlocked, extra…

Customer Question
Ignition key won't turn.. ...

Ignition key won't turn..

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel is unlocked, extra won't turn either

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2005 rendezvous

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried turning the wheel both directions.. stepping on the brake, tapping the key with a hammer while in the ignition, moving thesterring wheel up and down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything..

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Buick
10/4/2017
Buick Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 10 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** the key easily come in and out of the ignition.

I will gladly pay the $26 for the call, if you can assure that the problem will get solved by the call.. can you do that?

No need for a call. If the key will not turn then you either have a bad ignition switch or a problem with the key interlock which can be the interlock circuit or the body control module. Most of the time it is a bad ignition switch assembly and key lock cylinder that needs to be replaced.