Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

None of the controls from the driver side window and locks…

Customer Question
None of the controls...

None of the controls from the driver side window and locks work. Or from the key fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Opens the trunk and alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2003 Buick lesabre limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes looked at fuses 7 and 26 from back control panel and replaced

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Buick
10/1/2017
Buick Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a few things that could be going on and some electrical testing may be necessary. The driver's door module isn't operating for whatever reason, whether it is due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground to it. It's powers and grounds will need to be tested if the problem can't be found visually.

There is a good chance that the problem is a broken wire. When you open the door you will note a rubber boot between the door and body. The wiring harness runs from the door to the body harness here. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break. If a power or ground wire to the door module has broken then it will cause what you're having. It would be a good idea to have a look at this wiring next.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!