Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

T. Can i get diagram for adjustment procedures for rear air…

Customer Question
Can i get diagram...

Can i get diagram for adjustment procedures for rear air suspension switch for 2004 Buick Rainier SUV?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid. I have had installed new rear air bags. Car dips to right side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rainier yourself? What have you tried so far?

No a mechanic friend is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No but i have seen youtube video on adjustment procedures but I want to get some manual printed instruction

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Buick
9/25/2017
Buick Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist. Please allow me a moment to gather some information.

trim height adjustment below.

Roy

please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. it is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

Trim Height Inspection Procedure

Trim Height Measurements
Trim height is a predetermined measurement relating to vehicle ride height. Incorrect trim heights can cause bottoming out over bumps, damage to suspension components, and symptoms similar to wheel alignment problems. Check the trim heights when diagnosing suspension concerns and before checking the wheel alignment.
Perform the following prior to measuring trim heights:
^ Make sure the vehicle is on a level surface, such as an alignment rack.
^ Set the tire pressures to specifications.
^ Check the fuel level. Add additional weight if necessary to simulate a full tank.
^ To ensure proper weight distribution make sure the rear storage compartment is empty.
^ Close the doors and hood.

Z Height Measurement
The Z height measurement determines the proper ride height for the front end of the vehicle. Vehicles equipped with torsion bars use an adjusting arm to adjust the Z height. Vehicles without torsion bars have no adjustment and may require replacement of suspension components.

Important: All dimensions are measured vertical to the ground. Cross vehicle Z heights should be within 24 mm (0.9 inch).

1. Place hands on the front bumper and jounce the front of the vehicle. Make sure that there is at least 38 mm (1.5 inch) of movement while jouncing.
2. Allow the vehicle to settle into position.

Zoom/Print

3. Measure from the pivot bolt center line (3) down to the lower corner (5) of the lower ball joint (1) in order to obtain the Z height measurement (4).
4. Repeat the jouncing operation and measurement 2 more times for a total of 3 times.
5. Use the highest and lowest measurements to calculate the average height.
6. The true Z height dimension number is ***** average of the high and the low measurements.
7. If these measurements are out of specifications, inspect for the following conditions:
^ Sagging front suspension.
^ Collision damage.

D Height Measurement
The D height measurement determines the proper ride height for the rear end of the vehicle. There is no adjustment procedure. Repair may require replacement of suspension components.

Important: All dimensions are measured vertical to the ground. Cross vehicle D heights should be within 12 mm (0.5 inch) for vehicles equipped with coil springs, vehicles equipped with air suspension should be within 8 mm (0.3 inch).

1. Place hands on the rear bumper and jounce the rear of the vehicle. Make sure that there is at least 38 mm (1.5 inch) of movement while jouncing.

Zoom/Print

3. Measure the D height by measuring the distance between the jounce bumper bracket and the top of the rear axle tube.
6. The true D height dimension is the average of the highest and lowest measurements.
^ Sagging rear suspension.
^ Collision damage.

this did not help. i want REAR suspension height switch adjustment procedures
no call you
look please refund my card the $17.00. I will pay the $5.00
there is a rear adjustment procedure. I have seen video on it.

if you read the procedure, there is no adjustment of the rear height sensor. it is just a bolt on only with no provision for adjustment

they want you to adjust the front to the rear height to even it out

you can contact customer service

Roy

you can contact customer service

Roy