Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

2010 Buick Lucerne-- getting 'Engine HOT, A/C OFF displayed

2010 Buick Lucerne-- getting 'Engine HOT, A/C OFF displayed but even on cold start. Where is the BCM Module located so I can check connector fittings?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No - even if I do not try to turn AC on. This is intermittent error display and when it is shown, there is also zero reading on temp gauge. But engine running normal temp.
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Some online reports say thermostat might cause, others say BCM module. I would try to fix self if only change in thermostat or checking for good continuity at BCM connector... where is this module physically located?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - there is a ton of reports online for this issue... I'm convinced the engine is running normal, it's just getting wrong sensor reading or something and computer is intermittently killing ability to read temp gauge or selecting AC power on

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

i agree with you

this should not be a BCM issue

the issue is usually caused by the engine coolant temp sensor or the connector at the coolant temp sensor

what usually fixes this is a new engine coolant temp sensor and a new temp sensor connector

basically the coolant temp reads wrong and causes all these issues you are having

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer