Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

None of the power windows will operate. Got a different

None of the power windows will operate. Got a different switch cluster for the drivers side, and all I hear is a buzzing noise while pushing the drivers window switch button down.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: which one, none of them seem to be designated for the windows. But no I didn't.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 1999 Buick Regal
JA: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, Tried a different button cluster in the drivers side door as the lock button had been broken. That is when it seems the problem had started.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Have you checked for power and ground to the switch?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have a 1999 Buick Regal and all the windows quit working after the lock button had been broken off. I got a different button cluster for the drivers side door and replaced it and all it does is buzz while pushing the drivers side window button down.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
no I haven't

That needs to be done.

There is a circuit breaker that supplies power to the switch that could be been tripped when this happened.

It is the power window 30 amp circuit breaker inside the vehicle

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I guess I will need to do more checking thanks!

Your welcome!

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok will do, Thanks again!
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I checked the 30 amp fuse and it is ok

OK, good. Then you need to check for power going into the switch like I mentioned. :)

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok thanks!

It is possible the power supply wire is broken or open from the circuit breaker to the switch..

Or the ground is missing for some reason. The switch wont work without power and ground.